Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

The second day out east

My aunt-in-law made blueberry pancakes for breakfast Wednesday morning, also delicious. This is the house specialty. They pick the wild blueberries on their own property.

We headed out to Louisbourg, a 18th century French fort, driving along the shores of Lake Bras D'Or which is actually an inland sea. Both it and the fort were a lot larger than I expected. They have people dressed in costumes who act in character. Most of the young soldiers are portrayed by young women. In the afternoon, there was a musket and cannon firing demonstration. I thought the muskets were loud until the cannon went off. I thought my heart was going to jump right out of my chest. We headed home after that. Along the way, we stopped at a chippie (fresh cut fries!) that was actually a fishing boat on a trailer. That night, my aunt-in-law made fresh (off the boat) lobster, ribs and potato salad for supper.

To be continued ...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?