Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

All atwitter

My boss called me Monday morning on his way into the office because he'd an email titled Announcement on his cellphone and he wanted to know the content (just a new security operations manager replacing the ex-CLAer).

Two new AVPs in application development were announced in the week so the rumour mill was right. I met the one when I kicked him and the contractor next door out of a room I had reserved for a meeting. Getting possession of a room you've booked is a crap shoot thanks to the state of the Domino environment (severely backlevelled).

The current AVP in charge of application development has been shuffled aside. I guess she won't be bringing in samosas for the whole department any more. Because they initially only announced the reporting structure for two of her five managers, a lot of the developers were confused and concerned about being outsourced. I made a joke of it with one of them, but I don't think the other person found it very funny. It was all straightened out by the end of the week.

No changes have been announced for my unit yet.

D.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?