Thursday, December 07, 2006
Dropping like flies 4
Yesterday, they let the Senior Manager in charge of Voice/Data Vendor Relationships go. I knew it was coming thanks to the contractor beside me. He'd only been with the company a few months. They save a headhunter commission with the timing ($30,000 according to the contractor). He sat behind me so I could hear a lot of what was going on. He was very loud and demanding with the vendors and spent more time saying what he wasn't going to do than what he was. He had a rep in the department for rudeness according to one of my teammates. My big boss hired him, and he got to fire him. I heard him call the guy over his 10-4 to come down to the main floor because there was a problem. The guy never came back to his desk after that.
Yesterday was the last day for the manager in charge of Claims application development. His departure was his choice. He'd only been with the company a little while as well.
The elephant in the room, as they like to say now, for the division is turnover. I should have asked about this at the corporate Town Hall, but I didn't have the guts.
D.
P.S. My husband's radio woke me up this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep.
Yesterday was the last day for the manager in charge of Claims application development. His departure was his choice. He'd only been with the company a little while as well.
The elephant in the room, as they like to say now, for the division is turnover. I should have asked about this at the corporate Town Hall, but I didn't have the guts.
D.
P.S. My husband's radio woke me up this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep.