Tuesday, November 13, 2007

 

Close call?

The 401 on-ramp I use on the way home becomes the off-ramp for the next exit. If you don't move over on a timely basis, you can get carried off the highway.

I was watching my mirror, and the next lane was wide open so I put on my turn signal. I looked over my shoulder, and there was a van or SUV half way up my side in my blind spot so I decided to stay put a little bit until things opened up. He seemed to materialize from nowhere. I think the guy behind me was trying to move over, too.

Next thing, I hear a grinding metal sound and screeching. It takes me a second to realize that there's been a crash. I look in my mirror, and there's no longer anyone right behind me. A big vehicle (the SUV?) is stopped/smashed in the middle of the road, and a little car is flying across all three lanes towards the guard-rail.

I was so stunned I almost took the next exit. I wasn't involved and I really didn't see anything, but I feel guilty for not stopping.

D.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?