Friday, November 23, 2007
It's too early for this
I wimped out yesterday and worked from home. We got the first snowstorm of the winter. I woke up to to a radio announcer telling people to be prepared for a commute two or three times longer than normal. I thought "no, thanks" and rolled over for a bit. I haven't got the snows on my car yet either. We got five or six inches of the white stuff so it was worthwhile having the neighbour come over with his backhoe and plow the driveway (he attaches a blade to the front bucket).
I finally ventured out in the evening to choir practice. The sanctuary was freezing so I called one of the property guys. Turns out we'd run out of oil. Delivery had been stopped in the spring to run down the tank for replacement (mandated by the government). They were supposed to do it in July while the church was closed, but the tank was still too full.
I took the dogs for walk in the almost full moonlight after I got home from practice. The driveway was like a winter wonderland.
D.
I finally ventured out in the evening to choir practice. The sanctuary was freezing so I called one of the property guys. Turns out we'd run out of oil. Delivery had been stopped in the spring to run down the tank for replacement (mandated by the government). They were supposed to do it in July while the church was closed, but the tank was still too full.
I took the dogs for walk in the almost full moonlight after I got home from practice. The driveway was like a winter wonderland.
D.
Labels: Personal
Comments:
<< Home
I was just throwing out overripe bananas from my desk and thought of you and the banana bread you used to make :-)
Cheers,
Jeff
Post a Comment
Cheers,
Jeff
<< Home
