Thursday, February 07, 2008
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
I've dug out my car three times in the last twenty four hours.
When I booked yesterday afternoon off so I could make bread for a church do, I warned my boss that I would work from home if the weather was bad. It was, so I did. I think it was worse in the city though.
I left for church just before 5 p.m. after removing at least 6 inches of snow off my car. The main road was just wet. We were having a Meager Meal for Ash Wednesday of soup, bread, apple sauce and oatmeal cookies, all homemade. Hardly meager! It started snowing again just after I got to church. It snowed like a banshee while we were inside. I came out to find more than 6 inches of snow on my car. I made it home by crawling along at 40 klics. Any faster and the Malibu started sliding (I only have snows on the drive wheels). On the way home, I hear that another 15 to 20 centimeters is expected. Enough already!
This morning, I walked down to my car to find at least 8 inches of snow on my car. It took at least 15 minutes to get it cleared off properly. The drive to work was real slow, two hours door-to-door. In some places in the city, the curb lane was extremely narrow and almost impassible.
D.
When I booked yesterday afternoon off so I could make bread for a church do, I warned my boss that I would work from home if the weather was bad. It was, so I did. I think it was worse in the city though.
I left for church just before 5 p.m. after removing at least 6 inches of snow off my car. The main road was just wet. We were having a Meager Meal for Ash Wednesday of soup, bread, apple sauce and oatmeal cookies, all homemade. Hardly meager! It started snowing again just after I got to church. It snowed like a banshee while we were inside. I came out to find more than 6 inches of snow on my car. I made it home by crawling along at 40 klics. Any faster and the Malibu started sliding (I only have snows on the drive wheels). On the way home, I hear that another 15 to 20 centimeters is expected. Enough already!
This morning, I walked down to my car to find at least 8 inches of snow on my car. It took at least 15 minutes to get it cleared off properly. The drive to work was real slow, two hours door-to-door. In some places in the city, the curb lane was extremely narrow and almost impassible.
D.
Labels: Personal