Monday, June 23, 2008
Here we go again!
This morning upper management announced that my department is being outsourced. They say that one of the conditions specified in the RFP is the ability of the vendor to take on existing staff. The CIO has also stated previously that she will not outsource poor performers.
There seems to be an ostrich attitude to this announcement. That will take forever or it won't happen at all. Unfortunately, this CIO knows the drill partly because she's been at the receiving end. Also, the scope is bigger than previous including all infrastructure (not just the mainframe and Data Centre) and both the U.S. and Canada. I get the impression that Group (the parent company) will be monitoring the results very closely.
I guess I should dust off my resume.
Deb C.
There seems to be an ostrich attitude to this announcement. That will take forever or it won't happen at all. Unfortunately, this CIO knows the drill partly because she's been at the receiving end. Also, the scope is bigger than previous including all infrastructure (not just the mainframe and Data Centre) and both the U.S. and Canada. I get the impression that Group (the parent company) will be monitoring the results very closely.
I guess I should dust off my resume.
Deb C.