Sunday, August 17, 2008

 

Happy birthday!

My daughter's birthday seems to always catch me by surprise, but she hasn't been celebrating it at home the last few years. This year she did. I think she wanted to wait a couple of days until her day off. I didn`t agree so when my husband went ahead with plans for the actual day I didn`t say anything.

The day before, I went shopping for her present. She wanted a white gold necklace. I found a 16" chain on sale at the second store I shopped at. I picked out one I didn`t particularly like because she is always complaining about my taste. It was a little more money than I wanted to spend, but I owed her something for university graduation.

My husband made spaghetti with meat sauce with meatballs on the side, garlic bread and green salad. It was pretty tasty (lots of garlic). This was followed by a game of croquet, a family favourite, then dessert and presents. At her request, I had picked up a Skor ice cream cake from Dairy Queen on the way home from work. Her brother gave her Cloverfield on DVD which we watched afterwards. Her father gave her money and a couple of Crossword tickets (her favourite). I suggested that she use the money for a pendant and that worked for her. The chain could have been a little longer. Someone made a joke about it being a weight gain monitor.

All on all, it was a very pleasant family evening.

D.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?