Saturday, December 13, 2008

 

Didn't see that one coming

Late Monday afternoon, there was an announcement from the department Sr VP that my boss's boss would be leaving the company in two weeks (I was still in the office thanks to a problem). This explained why earlier that afternoon, my boss and another department manager had left a DR meeting hastily after getting something on their Blackberries. I told my boss about it as he was blasting by with the same Sr Manager. He was surprised that it had gone out to everyone as he expected it only to go out to management.

I had always thought that there would be a place for the big boss in the company after the outsourcing (and even considered him a little two-faced). He knows a lot about the business. He'd just come back from a secondment to the UK before he replaced our old big boss (who quit after finally getting fed up). He ran the company United Way compaign. His secretary said it was political. I translate this as "who likes you". From my perspective, he didn't take much interest in the internal operational aspects of his group.

The announcement mentioned that the two Sr Managers would now be reporting directly to the Sr VP, but it didn't mention my boss. When I asked him about it later, he said our group would be reporting to the application (A?)VP. This doesn't make sense in light of the outsourcing, but our team developers had already been transferred to the same (A)VP. Now, we're all wondering if we can be a team again.

D.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?