Thursday, May 08, 2025

 

Dog gone 2

 The week before Easter the dog was off. I was so busy getting ready for the holiday the vet was closed for the long weekend by the time I realized I should have taken her in. Then she stopped eating on the weekend. I got her in on Monday, and they treated for the usual digestive upset (she would periodically go off her food but usually in the fall). She ate that evening but wasn't good in the morning so I took her back. This time, they X-rayed her and found a mass in her chest and one of her lungs was collapsed. They said her tongue was blue when I dropped her off. Again, she was better but not improving. They said not to exercise her, but she missed her walks. Friday they called and offered to do a better X-ray gratis. They found both lungs had collapsed. She was so much better after treatment that I declined to take her back on Monday when they called (too stressful). She started to decline again during the week so I took her back on Thursday. I was surprised when I got a call soon after I dropped her off. The vet said Storm was not good (pulsox 68). She might have been hinting at euthanasia, but I wasn't listening. I told her to go ahead and have a look-see. Then I got the call that Storm was gone. Now I wonder if I should have just brought her home so we could have said a proper goodbye. 

People I don't know keep stopping on the street asking where the dog is. The ones I do know ask if I'll be getting another dog. It's just too soon. 

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?