Monday, April 13, 2026
Happy Easter!
Easter was two weekends ago. Good Friday I went to church. We had our last Lenten study after the service. I went home and started baking babka and then cornbread for Easter breakfast at church and dinner at home. I was going to make the cornbread gluten-free but I forgot and put regular flour in it so I had to start another batch. Saturday morning, I started making lemon meringue pies and puridzkis (pineapple crescents). After lunch, I started working on Easter dinner for my son and I-big ham, mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. I got him to buy some frozen mac and cheese to save me some work.
I went to church early Sunday morning to set up for Easter breakfast. I brought some of the puridzkis, babka with marmalade, mandarin oranges, yogurt and the gluten-free cornbread (the woman who needed gluten-free didn't show up). I forgot the cheese. I think I went overboard but I wasn't sure how it would go over the first time at King City. It was a dying tradition at York Pines. We had a ton of food, but most of it went. One of the guys asked if we could do this every Sunday. There was a young family walking in front of the church when I was putting my stuff in my car so I offered them puridzkis. Then I went home, did the dishes and got stuff started for Easter dinner-more mashed potatoes, butternut squash, Pillsbury crescents and a relish tray. I reheated the ham, leftover mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts-making dinner a day ahead is not a bad idea. My daughter showed up with her kids, wine and more mac and cheese (her turn). My son and grandkids spent the afternoon roaring around on a four-wheeler he rebuilt for them (he had gone up earlier to buy them helmets). After that, they did a little bit of target shooting. He was supposed to come in and make his own dinner so his stomach would be OK for work the next day, but he ended up having ham dinner twice.
Labels: Family, Personal, Work